Thursday, August 27, 2009

Flooded with Talent

If you haven't taken a peek at the new booklet Made in Brooklyn by Jared Flood, you really should. I got addicted to tweedy yarns from reading his blog. My copy arrived earlier this week and there are so many things in there that are so nice and practical! The yarns used are from Classic Elite and some of them are quite pricey. But I've found some fairly inexpensive substitutes at Knit Picks that would work wonderfully. Some time when I feel like swatching I'll grab some of my swatching yarn I have stashed away and give it a whirl.

At lunch today I was sniffing around Amazon and found that Jared will be photographing a knitting book due out next year. Holy cow. I can't wait!!

Not only is this guy a talented knitter and designer, his photography is so beautiful. It's eye candy!