Thursday, June 4, 2009

Something About Pink

Yesterday I turned another year older. The older I get the less I want to even think about birthdays. However, I did celebrate in style thanks to family, friends, and co-workers.

Hubby gave me the Heirloom Knitting book by Sharon Miller. How it came to be that I never had that book is a mystery, but now the mystery is solved.

My buddy, Lorraine, sent me the most magical box ever. It was filled with an assortment of nummies, humor, and of course yarn. It wouldn't be a birthday box without MAC cosmetics and Lorraine did not disappoint. The nail polish was used yesterday when I went for a pedicure the name of it and thus the title of this post is "Something About Pink". It looks great but I'll won't punish my readers with a photo of my feet.



There was some yarn and a pattern from Oceanwind Knits. I don't have the yarn and pattern here at work but trust me - the yarn was pink. :-)

There were several boxes of Smarties for Mr. K and I'm sure they will come in quite handy for finals week this week. Lorraine is just thoughtful that way, yanno.
Look at this cutie: She looks great with my other sheep collection here at work.




Of course, no birthday is complete without the card. I got quite a few, but I'll share my favorite two. The first one is from Lorraine:


This card was from a good buddy here at work. She knows me very well. Probably TOO well.


Last night we went out for sushi. Before we left, I got these delivered - a surprise from my Mom and my sister who live in Virginia. Needless to say, they didn't last long.

Well, this lunch time post comes to an end. I should get back to Johnny Depp anyway. Happy knitting everyone!